Contact Marcy.Stanton@unh.edu for additional information
- The goals of the Advanced Master Gardener Certificate Program are to better serve the NH community by strengthening the caliber of the Master Gardener Program and recognize Master Gardeners who have made a commitment to expand their horticultural knowledge beyond the initial training.
- All Master Gardeners who have attained Active Status (completed 55 hours of initial service and continue to volunteer for 15 hours per year) are eligible to participate.
- To enroll submit a completed application form with a $45 registration fee to: Advanced Master Gardener Program Coordinator, UNHCE/ Master Gardener Program, 329 Mast Road, Goffstown, NH 03045
Register in the advanced master gardener program.
To become a Certified AMG accumulate 30 continuing education units (CEUs) within three years from the enrollment date and maintain your active MG status.
- Earn CEUs by attending UNHCE sponsored horticultural and environmental training, continuing education, refresher training, volunteer workshops and conferences, and those provided by other organizations such as New England Wildflower Society, Arnold Arboretum, The Fells, etc.
- One hour of training equals one CEU. If you attend an all-day event, exclude breaks when calculating attendance hours.
Maintenance and Requirements
- Once you have completed 30 CEUs, volunteer a minimum of 25 hours per year in the Master Gardener program.
Earn a minimum of 9 CEUs every 3 years for re-certification.
- Because researching questions at the Ed Center is a valuable learning opportunity for the Master Gardener, those who volunteer at the Ed Center can earn 1 CEU for every 10 hours of volunteer time up to 3 CEUs every 3 years.
- MG training for new interns will not count towards CEUs.