- UNH Cooperative Extension Specialists
- Professionals working for state departments such as the NH Department of Agriculture
- Industry Experts
- Master Gardeners
They will lead you through classroom instruction, labs and field work to give you a basic knowledge of home and garden subjects. We use web-based modules, a class web-site and social media to enhance your learning experience. You will frequently work in small groups for case studies and problem solving.
We will cover all the basic horticultural topics:
- Soils and Fertilizers
- Integrated Pest Management
- Plant Pathology and Diagnosis
- Vegetable Gardening
- Woody Ornamentals
- Organic Gardening
- Tree Fruits and Berries
- Pesticide Use.
You will also receive specialized training on:
- Food Safety and Preservation
- Water Quality
- Pond Management
- Backyard Livestock
- Invasive Species
- Wildlife and Urban Pest Problems.
We often add new topics based on new horticultural, home or environmental events. Throughout the training you will learn how to use research-based resources and diagnostic tools to answer questions.